Pages

06 March 2013

Gorgeous De Luxe - Florida Road

Over the next few weeks I will be featuring the Roxstar stockists on my blog so you can gain some insight into these awesome stores and what it is they have to offer.

First on the blog is Gorgeous De Luxe, Floriad Road.





                               Roxstar Jelly Sandals instore                                     

Roxstar Bikini
 
I chatted with Julie about the store and up and coming trends and this is what she had to say:

When did you open the store? This particular store has been open for 6 years in May, but I did own retail stores before this, catering for a younger market 

What inspired you to start the brand/store? I opened my first store, Gorgeous, in 2002, which was a fun, edgy store, with the emphasis on throwaway fashion – that fun, high fashion item that you had to have! We did incredibly well, with a very loyal customer base, but as the years went on, the store needed to ‘grow up’ with its customers – so the brand evolved and we changed the name from Gorgeous to Gorgeous de Luxe – to show that we still stood for the same  values that our customers had grown accustomed to at Gorgeous, but now we were adding a luxury element, more investment pieces, more exclusive brands.  

What other brands/designers do you stock? At the moment, we have tried to create a mixture between local brands & designers, and imported brands – on a local level, we stock Leigh Schubert, Amber Jayne, Heart&Soul, Jo Reynolds, Gcouture, Bloss&Co, Blu Mojo & Queen Magpie and imported – Fate, Sass, Slick, Status, Mastik, Havaianas, Melissa’s, Miss Me to name a few. These brands are constantly evolving as we like to keep up with current trends 

What do you enjoy most about having your own business? I love having the freedom to take the business wherever I want. Also, the flexibility suits me as I have small children. It can be quite stressful having your own business, from a financial point of view, but the upside is that I am only accountable to myself and my staff. 

What is your most enjoyable part of what you do? Where do I start?! My Customers!! There are some super stylish women in Durban, and I love the fact that although everyone thinks of Durbs as the casual town, my ladies like to dress beautifully, and keep an eye on trends, while not slavishly following fashion. Of course, having access to beautiful clothing is a perk I couldn’t live without – I am definitely addicted to clothes Unpacking new stock – it’s like Christmas! And finding that perfect item for a customer – seeing them walk out the store feeling beautiful because they know they are going to look their best 

2013 trends to watch out for? It’s the season for ‘hardware’ – studs, sequins & skulls! Lots of leather and baroque detailing. And of course, eye popping colour in handbags!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment