Pages

03 April 2013

Brookdale Health Hydro

Ok so im a little behind on my blogging but just bear with me as I catch up . . .

About 2 weeks ago my very special friend Cals invited me to join her for a few days at the Brookdale Health Hyrdo. She had been a few times before and I had always envied her trips there and wished that one day I would be able to be treated to some time there so when she asked me to join her I replied with a big YES without a second thought about it.

"Brookdale focuses on providing an escape from the stresses of everyday life. We offer a quiet place where physical health and mental well-being can be restored to their balance." - http://www.brookdale.co.za/

Cals knows me too well and knew that I most definitely needed some restoration to take place!

Brookdale is like a little piece of heaven in the Midlands where you can go and forget about all your worries and stress of everyday life and just unwind, be kind to your body and renew your mind and soul.

I didnt get off to such a hot start as the day we arrived was the day after Carla's hens party so as you can imagine I wasnt in the best possible shape. The first thing we did was to have a body analysis where they take all your measurements, weigh you and take your blood pressure. My blood pressure was 70/40, the consultant advised that I was half dead to which I agreed!

The next 2 days were action packed with hikes, eating, sleeping, treatments, gym, sleeping, eating, acquecise,sleeping,  treatments, eat, and more sleeping and so our days passed by.

 
 


I left there feeling as though I had spent some good quality time with my bestie, my body was thankful for all the delicious, healthy food it had been fed, my body was grateful for the fresh air and exercise and my mind was calm and relaxed and ready to go back to my ordinay life.

Thank you Cals for an unbelievable few days, love you xxx

1 comment: