Pages

19 June 2013

Week 1: Who Am I

So who exactly am I? Quite a complicated question when you really think about it but the easy answer is, I am the following:

I am a wife - this is one of the most wonderful roles I have ever had to play in my life. I feel gratefully daily that my precious chose ME to spend the rest of his life with and I will do my utmost to ensure he never regrets that's decision. I love looking after him, supporting him, motivating him and just spending every minute I can with him.


 
I am an entrepreneur - this is an exciting and stressful role but something that I am convinced I was born with or born to be. From selling popcorn with my cousin, to hiring out my services as a clown at children's parties to tuckshops out my school locker, I knew I would always be my own boss one day and I am having so much fun doing just that. My 2 little businesses (www.roxstarbikini.com and www.belo.co.za) continue to grow and flourish every day and its so great to see my hard work paying off.



I am an infertile - this is one of the toughest and most heart breaking roles I play at the moment. "Infertility means not being able to get pregnant after one year of trying (or six months if a woman is 35 or older)" - definition of infertile My husband and I have been trying to fall pregnant for 18 months so are well into our journey of infertility and it is the most devastating journey we have ever taken. What started out as great excitement and expectation ends monthly in huge disappointment and heart ache. Each month we morn the child we didn't have and start again on the rollercoaster of hope and expectation and so the cycle goes on. This is the one role I cant wait NOT to be.



 



I am a faithful Christian - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", no valley is too deep and no mountain is too high with God by my side. I have such faith in God's promises for my life and the many blessings he has in store for us. God is an Almighty God where nothing is too great for his power. What else can I do but trust in Him and his Word and pray that His will be done in my life.



I am all of these things and more . . .much, MUCH more x

Remember to link up with 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Roxann! It breaks my heart knowing you are struggling with infertility!!! My husband and I went through that journey for over 2 years. Please know that I am praying for you and your husband. The blogging world is a wonderful community. :)

    All glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Eph 3:20 (the verse I clung too during our journey!)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete