Pages

22 July 2013

Monday Motivation - Running

 
Running is an amazing form of exercise that's helps blitz calories and get you looking hot to trot for summer in NO time!
 
I am most certainly no expect on running and have only just started running again myself about 9 weeks ago, BUT I am totally addicted again and want to share my success and pit falls. 
 

When you start running after a long break without much cardio exercise, it is tough, really, REALLY tough! Every minute is painful and hard. It is easy to get de-motivated and ready to throw in the towel but I promise you if you stick with it you will soon see your fitness levels increasing and the minutes start to pass by faster.

I started running again by using the treadmill and walking for 2 minutes, running for 1.5 minutes for 60 minutes. I did this for 2 weeks. 3rd and 4th week I ran for 2.5 minutes, walked for 2 minutes. 5th and 6th week I ran for 3.5 minutes walked for 1.5 minute. Week 7 and 8 ran for 4 minutes and walked for 1 minute. After week 8 I slowly started cutting out my walking all together so I could run steadily for 60 minutes.

I now run 10km 3 times a week outdoors with a friend which brings me to my next point. My biggest advise would be to run with a friend. It helps to keep you committed, and is vital for safety if you're running outdoors. It is also great once you've built up your fitness abit to be able to chat away and catch up while you're working out.  

Its also great to enter running races to give you something to train towards. My first race was the Spar Ladies 10km, which was total chaos but lots of fun and then yesterday my friend and I ran the Total Sports Ladies Race 10km where I ran a PB of 54 minutes.

Some days you have good running days and some days you will have bad running days but no matter the day, just keep running x
 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you my beautiful friend for all your motivation. What would I do without you? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent words and I really needed this. Started to run again last Wednesday and on Saturday a damaged my knee (old ACL injusry that made a comeback) so no running for a week.
    I really like your program and I'll be following it as soon as I can.
    I love your Monday motivation posts

    ReplyDelete